Connecting Early Childhood & Violence Prevention: Impacts of Early Childhood on Violence over the Life Course
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Co-host: Ounce of Prevention Fund
This SCY quarterly meeting examined the connections between what happens in early childhood and violence over the life course. As a group, we identified opportunities for early childhood systems to enhance their involvement in violence prevention and response.
- Barbara Abel, PhD, Birth-to-Five Curriculum Manager, Ounce of Prevention
- Claudia Cattage, M.ED, Early Head Start Lead Teacher, Ounce of Prevention's Educare School Chicago
- Teresa Pennix-Gill, MA, Co-Founder, Board President and Executive Director, Parenting for Non-Violence
- Karen Sheehan, MD, MPH, Medical Director, Injury Prevention and Research Center and Strengthening Chicago's Youth, Interim Co-Director, Smith Child Health Research Program, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Anne G. Studzinski, Managing Director, Illinois Childhood Trauma Coalition
Link to panelists' full bios.
- Look Through Their Eyes- Illinois Childhood Trauma Coalition's campaign to raise awareness about child trauma