Applying an Anti-racism and Anti-oppression Lens to Violence Prevention
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
This meeting focused on structural violence and how intersectional, anti-oppression strategies can be applied to SCY’s areas of focus: youth development, mental health services, gun violence prevention, justice system reform, and community investment. Action-oriented small group discussions on these topic areas followed a panel discussion on racism and oppression.
- Kofi Ademola, Activist and Community Organizer, Black Lives Matter Chicago
- Jennifer Arwade, Co-Executive Director, Communities United
- Bonsai Bermudez, Executive and Artistic Director, Youth Empowerment Performance Project
- Rebecca Ford-Paz, PhD, Psychologist, Center for Childhood Resilience
- Candice Jones, Senior Advisor to Arne Duncan, Emerson Collective
- Mecole Jordan, Coordinator, Grassroots Alliance for Police Accountability
Link to panelists' full bios.