Connecting, collaborating and mobilizing around a public health approach to violence prevention.
To prevent violence, SCY takes and encourages action utilizing four main strategies.
– Advocate for SCY policy agenda
– Support partner’s advocacy
– Use data to inform policy
– Disseminate Violence Research Agenda
– Implement Recommendations to Support Community Engagement Violence Research
– Support community partner’s use of data
– Lead Juvenile Justice Collaborative
– Incubate emerging ideas
– Hold training and quarterly meetings
– Publish and amplify newsletter and social media
– Support community capacity-building
– Engage people outside of the most affected communities
Impact of Strengthening Chicago’s Youth
Meeting and event attendees in 2018
Say SCY trainings are useful
Agree that SCY is an asset to violence prevention in Chicago
Meet the members of the Strengthening Chicago’s Youth Team
Communications and Community Outreach Manager
Manager, Finance and Grants
Program Coordinator (JJC)
If you have a position you would like posted here, please send the position title, organizations, contact person, brief description and full job description to Kirstin Grabski at email@example.com. Job positions will be posted for 30 days. Volunteer opportunities will be posted as long as opportunities are available.